Beach days are the best days

I LOVE the beach💖  Can you feel my heart beating through the screen?   The sounds, smells, and tranquility you feel while there make the trip soooo worth the drive.  Even better are the times we've been able to stay on the beach for extended  periods; where we can have the time to take it all in.  Me that is.  Truth be told, no one else in my household feels like I do about the beach.  It's pretty much a 'take it or leave it'  proposition for the guys.  Sure, they like the hotel part of the stay but the sand, sun and water? Not so much.  So, if I'm going to schlep them out to what they consider vast wasteland then, we all have to be comfortable.  Typically when I look for a great beach to visit with my family I consider three things: 1) wheel chair access, 2) close parking and 3) available bathrooms highest on the list.  Florida has the best beaches in the nation and I have made it my personal mission to try to explore all of the public access treasures I can find on maps.  Here are my top local pics so far:  1. Bradenton Beach.  There is a nice long trail that runs along the water under pine trees which makes for a lovely backdrop to the Gulf.  They have these cute little changing cabins and wheelchair accessible bathrooms along the trail.  Parking is $5 but is ample and well worth the cost for a day.  2. Fred Howard Park.  This little gem has it all: areas to grill and chill, non-motorized water sports, tandem bikes and pretty palm trees to park your buns under.  Handicapped parking is free otherwise, it's $5 to park over the causeway.  Plus, Tarpon Springs is close by for dining and shopping. I tell everyone I know about Fred Howard because its the best and closest beach to our house. 3. Honeymoon State park.  There is an $8 fee to enter the park but from there you can catch some beautiful gulf views and comfortable accommodations for a days stay.  I've scoped out a ferry that will take you to Caledesi island during the daytime hours but I cannot vouch for the ferries accessibility; I hear there is great seashell hunting on Caledesi but more on that later...Dear reader, if you have other beaches you would like to recommend, please include them in the comments section telling us why they jazz you so much.  Until then, mahalo!  #SaltLife
Clearwater Beach

Comments

  1. Yes indeed...Fred Howard is a hidden gem!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No doubt. From pavillions you can reserve to lots of walking and biking areas, it pretty much has it all except for a great food truck.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Big Chop

Me, Myself, and I

From San Antonio to San Antonio and back again