Sometimes, its just fun to have fun!

You ever get a case of the pure sillies?  We do.  I try not to suppress the urge to be goofy which, as it happens, is my normal M.O.  Yup.  I've always embraced my goofy side because I feel like its a right hard won by our ancestors who maybe didn't have as much freedom of expression as we have.  And I clearly got it from my Dad. We've got  receipts.  He's always had a silly and devilish side.  I can recall being scared witless on more than one occasion when we would walk the dusty roads on a summers night in Woodland Park.  We used to beg to go out at night with our flashlights and our courage hoping Mom and Dad would lead us down some new path (or one that looked new by moonlight).  I can only imagine how tired they had to be by the end of the day seeing after all us kids.  But still they'd get out the flashlights and take point into what we envisioned as some grand adventure.  While us kids would be laughing and talking my parents would shut off their flashlights and quietly peel off in some unknown direction clearly away from us.  By the time we noticed what was happening we were clueless!  What started out as whimpers grew to loud calls of "MA!!! DADDY!!! WHERE ARE YA'LL?""I'm guessing they waited until they caught a certain pitch to our cries that said, 'UNCLE!' then they would reemerge laughing like nothing in the world had just transpired.  We fell for that mess for years and just couldn't seem to get enough!  So dear reader, I got it honest (and my poor patient husband is the recipient now 😟).  So, when the care-giving days start to get monotonous and you can't even remember what day of the week it is, inject a bit of Reynolds goofiness into the humdrum.  Wink or blink people out for no reason;
start singing some stupid tune from back in the day REAL LOUD so as to confuse the neighbors; grab an instrument you happen to have lying around and bang on it; show someone you love the food in your mouth; dance some made up jig.  Does it matter what you do?  Nope.  As long as its goofy and it lifts your spirits for even.one.minute.

Comments

  1. I definitely have that Reynolds sense of humor, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughter makes for a good day. Its so much fun just to have fun

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Big Chop

Me, Myself, and I

From San Antonio to San Antonio and back again