That Man o mine

I think the biggest compliment you can receive about your spouse as a caregiver from total strangers is that they think YOUR parent is your spouses parent.  I get asked this all of the time.  People want to know, "Is that your Dad or his?"  The fact that no one can tell speaks absolute volumes about the man I was God-blessed to marry; none other than Raymond Blakely.  Make no mistake, my Dad IS Raymonds dad and you couldn't tell him otherwise.  Their relationship was forged in fire (I kinda felt sorry for Raymond marrying a 'baby daughter' though. Lol) and the bond is forever.
When we talked about moving to Florida to retire, there was never any question that Dad would go with us for his second Florida retirement.  Every decision we've made after that has been with Dad's best interest in mind.  Has it been a strain at times? You betcha.  We go through quite a bit of effort to make sure we have couples only time while also making sure Dad never feels neglected.  Do we jump through lots of hoops to try to please everybody?  Yes and we never get it right all of the time (we've both had some sleepless nights about tough decisions).  This experience has stretched us and grown us in ways we could NEVER have anticipated--and we are still growing.  Ray Ray is my ground wire, my rock and Dad's champion.  This would not be the same journey were it not for my husband, our rockstar.  When you see me alone out in the community, doing Kingdom work, visiting family out of town or just enjoying some down time please know that is possible only because my husband is holding down the fort with style.  I write this love letter because I believe it is important to give honor where honor is due.  ThAnK YoU RAYMOND!!! I love you beyond words!!!!!

Comments

  1. Wonderful And albeit appropriate tribute. I know first hand the challenges of being a caregiver and marvel at the patience Raymond shows even down to feeding Dad (not just your Dad but his (Dad). You can always get help from some people but the tenderness, and patience only comes where there is true love. Continued Blessings on your journey .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for noticing...which is sometimes all the caregiver needs. It is good to feel appreciated so I am grateful that you chose to comment. Thanks again and godspeed on your caregiving journey.

      Delete
  2. It is truly a blessing that was God sent to have a husband that loves you and your family as he loves Christ. Absolutely makes a great difference in your journey. May God. continue to bless you on your wonderful journey. Brenda Russell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you Brenda. You know good husbands are hard to find and even harder one that sees your family as his family. I know you have that as well. We are two blessed women! Thanks again for your ongoing support!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Big Chop

Me, Myself, and I

From San Antonio to San Antonio and back again