Welcome to my newest creation, Trippin With Dad!  I am super excited about sharing with you what makes the "Three Amigos" work. I'll chat about how we manage to live and travel together and have fun doing it and what keeps us passionate on a daily basis.  I am always surprised when I hear people ask, 'so, how do you do what you do?'  When I ask what they mean, it invariably centers around our full-time care giving responsibilities.  What gives us the drive, the gumption, the nerve, the chutspah to stay engaged with the caregiver role and not "throw in the towel" so to speak and place Dad in a long-term care facility?  Welp. First and foremost, we don't do anything without the strength and support of the God we serve.  I can unequivocally say THERE IS NO WAY we would survive without knowing where our help comes from (more on that later). That we are blessed beyond measure to do what we do is an understatement!  But it all came with a LOT of pre-planning, compromise, sacrifice, determination and dedication.  And flexibility and humility. And grace and favor...I think you are starting to get the picture.  So, we do not do this alone in the spiritual realm.  Even in the physical realm we have help which I will explain in abundant detail in subsequent posts. 
So, sit back and enjoy the blog for a few minutes each week.  And if a) you are a sandwich generation person preparing to take on the care givers role OR b) you are already in that position and want to see how much more fulfilling the journey can be then join me as I share with you our wild ride!

Comments

  1. For those of you who are caretakers of family members understand that some facets of your life will change. The experiences that are shared in this blog, will highlight the areas of concern and the adjustments that were made through discussion, cooperation and prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome..
    I love this blog. You've really given a lot of details for all too cover far as travels for handicap . I always forget the handicap sticker. 2 Bathrooms a Blessing. Enjoy every Blessed momment...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Big Chop

Me, Myself, and I

From San Antonio to San Antonio and back again