The Good, The Bad and The Ugly


It has been a long long day dear reader...There are so many wonderful things about having several health care professionals visit the house weekly.  We have wonderful support from two separate home agencies, sitter services and adult day care that I would not trade for the world!  I can be daughter and Raymond can be son-in-law and we can be husband and wife, and we can be aunt and uncle and... for several hours each week which is a HUGE comfort.  We have been showered with an abundance of riches that I do not take for granted. Ever. But, it can also be exhausting training new care aides, nurses and day care staff on top of doctors, dentists etc. about who Dad really is and not just who it is they see at that moment.  The great thing is that we get the input of multiple professionals about his current health and care.  The bad thing is we get multiple opinions about his current health and care.  There is a lot of swirl basically that has to be sifted through and it takes time and energy and advocacy. I talk to caregivers weekly who face these challenges as well as the important business of raising children and holding down jobs (they are known as the sandwich generation).  I am blessed to have an outlet for sharing triumphs and challenges in the form of an online video chat I host with other caregivers of faith.  It is vitally important dear reader, to find trusted outlets for what happens in your daily life and that starts with a prayer life to our Father. If anyone knows AND understands the challenges you face it is the One who equipped you to walk through them.  A very wise cousin told me recently that the Lord equipped me from birth to face every challenge placed before me.  Now, I just have to walk in my equipping. Just walk.  And along the way,  link arms with others and your journey will automatically feel less stressful. I promise.  "Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not easily broken". Ecclesiastes 4:12. Amen and Amen.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Big Chop

Me, Myself, and I

From San Antonio to San Antonio and back again