Under Siege

Have you ever been run out of your bedroom by bugs dear reader? Welp, I have. It started out as this little sniggle bug on the back of my neck and quickly escalated into dozens of winged ant like creatures crawling ALL OVER MY SIDE OF THE BED!!!  I got receipts!

I also got the willies.  It's one thing to catch an occasional bug flitting about in your living space.  But to walk into a swarm on your bedding?  Lets just say it was a looong night spent scratching involuntarily.  I really don't like the idea of squishing bugs.  I try to be a catch and release elsewhere girl, but I had to call in the big guns which of course meant that my husband had to come to the rescue.  I wish I could report that this ordeal lasted only the one night but alack and alas we were still in the midst a few days ago.  I learned a little trick some years ago when Spring time in Ohio would invariably bring Ants into the house (the kitchen no less!).  I would lay down a suppression line of Dawn liquid dish soap wherever I found an entry point for the ants and POOF, no new ants.  Of course, lines of blue soap around the kitchen weren't always the best look BUT it did keep us from resorting to harsh chemicals and useless traps.  I am telling you, Dawn is the bomb dot com.  So, until we see if Pest Bear can get here (and that won't be soon enough for me!!!!) we are squirting Dawn on the base boards behind the bed.  It could be worse.  I could have mice. or bats. or geckos,  spiders even.  snakes anyone?  I'm good.🙉

Comments

  1. We had these bugs �� in our family room several years ago. We had the “Orkin Man”, pest control, come in and take care of the situation!! What the heck are these bugs and WHERE do they come from.?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Big Chop

Me, Myself, and I

From San Antonio to San Antonio and back again