A Quiet Space



We recently made a few improvements to the homestead that make us want to spend a bit more time outdoors enjoying our quiet surroundings.  It is amazing what a coat of paint, some glitter (on the floor and not in my hair) and new chair cushions can do.  This is part of our front porch where we now like to spend time in the morning with a great cup of coffee and a burbling fountain.  It's a nice place to plop after our 2 mile morning walks are done.  I can just BE for about 15 minutes.  He might give me a recap of a news story he's read and I may share what I've learned on a podcast but its a lovely way to ease into a busy day.  What quiet space have you carved out for you to have a contemplative moment?  I feel like time spent on this little patch of home contributes greatly to our sense of well being and unity for the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Big Chop

Me, Myself, and I

From San Antonio to San Antonio and back again