#Favor part 1

Recently, out of the blue, a Sister from church gifted me with a cute pair of yellow jeans that were too long for her.  And I had just been thinking about how I needed new pants because my old jeans were falling off me.  Because of my weight loss I can now fit the cutie jeans whereas a few short months ago it would have been a, ' lay down on your back and kick your heels up shimmy shake' of a struggle to get those bad boys on (anybody got some corn starch?) Even if I could have gotten them on, buttoning them would have been a put your eye out impossibility.  It's funny because it was such a generous gesture that it caught me completely off guard.  I admire and respect my church Sister but never thought she'd be thinking of me as she went through her closet looking to give away a perfectly beautiful pair of pants.  But isn't that just how God works?  You're busy with your day attending to all sorts of situations and circumstances and BOOM, the Father whom you love and adore gifts you with something so lovely you weren't expecting that it catches your breath in your chest.  Didn't think He was thinking about you in that moment right?  Well, He was and His tendency is to bless His children with just the thing  they need at  just the right time they could use it.  I am grateful to my Sister in Christ for having me on her mind and I plan to proudly wear my new pants grateful that I don't have t jack hammer myself into them.  May I also gift with open hands and heart when it's least expected yet most needed.
Thanks Lydia!

Comments

  1. I love it, acknowledging all Blessings!!!
    Looking Great wearing your Blessing...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Big Chop

Me, Myself, and I

From San Antonio to San Antonio and back again