Staycation Staycation

Home spa day

Diez de Mayo meal
Dad chillaxin
You know how I like to plan a great get-a-way when the 
cat is away?  Catch something moving and see a new horizon somewhere else just to shake it up and confuse the muscle.  San Antonio, Amelia Island, Disney cruising.  All fun with Dad in a fresh locale exploring and making new memories.  But sometimes it's truly a pleasure to enjoy the hard work you put into the place where you lay your head every night.  See your own home from a different perspective kinda like a guest would.
View from my lanai
Staycation, oh yes staycation, I love me a good staycation! Got the groceries I would need ahead of time, picked up chips and salsa from my favorite Mexican restaurant in San Antonio and hunkered down.  Dad and I ate our meals on the lanai everyday while listening to jazz.   I'd freshened up our landscaping and I got to enjoy coffee on my front porch oogling my new flowers, smelling the jasmine with the fountain burbling in my ear.  I cooked gourmet breakfasts.  We slept in.  It was so relaxing.  Things I miss seeing on a typical busy day I seemed to  notice once I slowed down  and lost my 'agenda' mindset.  I am so grateful to have a home that I often (too often) take for granted; one that provides shelter but also, when looked at in the right light, is a sanctuary for dreams and a respite for souls.  I plan to honor the home God has gifted us with more often enjoying the nooks and crannies I clean but don't get to fully enjoy nearly enough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Big Chop

Me, Myself, and I

From San Antonio to San Antonio and back again