I Wonder Where the Time Went?

Is anyone else out there STILL trying to get adjusted to the hour we 'lost' this Spring?  Well, I am.  It's just the strangest feeling to arbitrarily have something as important as an hour taken away without my consent.  Time can be lots of things: well spent, wasted, up, a healer etc. but unless you' like being confused twice a year I don't see the point of playing with the clock.  It is offensive to my sensibilities that man has the hubris to try to control time.  It is a well researched fact that thousands of people die twice a year around the time when time gets changed.  Our bodies are meant to follow a rhythm (called circadian rhythm) that keeps us tuned in to our natural surroundings AND regulates hormone production critical to our overall well-being.  I am sure I must be shortening my days on earth by getting angry over someone I don't even know taking away an hour of my day but that is what happens every Spring.  I get angry and I stay angry because I don't feel right.  If you live west of the Mississippi, write to your congress person and let them know this practice is idiotic and has to stop.  The lives of unwitting circadian sensitive constituents is in their hands.  Please.  I'm sleepy at 7pm.  Stop.  That is all.😏

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Big Chop

Me, Myself, and I

From San Antonio to San Antonio and back again