Always leave the note

So, my day started off calm cool collected.  Like, things were running so smoothly I kinda had to pinch myself and say, 'is it really gonna flow like this today?'  I got up on time, got my walk in, had my cup of coffee on the front porch, got Dad up and laid out his breakfast.  I was cooking confidently with Crisco.  I had fifteen minutes to spare before the sitter arrived so I thought,  this would be the perfect time to get my shower done and the makeover process started.  Briefly I thought, 'stop and put a note on the door for the sitter to come on in in case you can't hear her in the shower'. Nah!!!  I figured by the time I got the pad and pencil out, wrote the note, found tape etc., I would be finished showering.  Welp.  the sitter came early and freaked out when I didn't answer the doorbell.  She immediately called the owner of the sitter service who then proceeded to call my husband.  The owner thought I must have rushed Dad to the hospital or...By now, I've let the sitter in and shes
explained that I may get a call from her boss because they were concerned.  Sure enough not a minute went by when the house phone rang.  The owner voiced his fears and I assuaged them.  But then my cell phone rings.  It's my honey.  Calling from Phoenix.  With lots of concern in his voice.  Because it"s 0610 there.  And it was our first night apart.  Yikes!!!  All I wanted to do was take.a.shower!!!  But herein lies the lesson dear reader;  follow your FIRST mind.  God did give us a sound mind for a reason after all. My hasty poor decision caused an unintended ripple effect amongst my small group.  Imagine what other decisions (or lack thereof) create preventable ripples in your day.  Lesson learned.  Take the time to write.the.note if it will relieve anxiety or enhance communication in even the slightest way.  You never know when a butterflies wing flap here will cause a distant tsunami.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Big Chop

Me, Myself, and I

From San Antonio to San Antonio and back again