Cruising Huge!

I am having a hard time grasping the scale of the ship we are about to embark upon.  The Symphony of the Seas, Royal Caribbeans largest ship is an absolute beast!  I keep trolling photos of the floor plans of  what will be our home for 8 days and I am a bit overwhelmed.  As you can see from the photo the ship is taller than most of the buildings in any of the ports we will be visiting.  It's like crazy big.  According to Alexa the ship can house over 6,600 people.  The city I currently live in only has 1,409 people as of 2017.  It truly boggles the mind that a ship that size manages to operate day in and day out safely all the while helping travelers make special memories.  We were blessed to get a handicapped room near an elevator which was #Favor.  I'm already liking the fact that the handicapped rooms on this ship appear to be centrally located; I can't wait to see the actual layout and the balcony space but the photos look promising.  The tough part about having a room fully forward or aft of the ship is the PUSH over carpeted floors to get back and forth to your room at the end of a long day--not this time.  Royal Caribbean encourages those with disabilities to fill out a special needs form with specifics like the exact size of the wheelchair with the person in it, ancillary equipment and requests for accessible excursions.  They state explicitly they they will hunt down anyone requesting a handicapped room that doesn't need one.  The other nice item is the Royal Caribbean app.  It outlines the activities for each day of the cruise which makes planning ahead really easy.  No need to wait until the paper itinerary shows up under your door.  You know when excursions are happening, what time bingo is etc.  This makes visualizing your trip even more exciting to me besides the fact that planning what to pack is easier.  I know I've made the mistake of over packing (yet again) but I cannot help myself!  Dad will be tack sharp as usual.  Raymond has new formal wear he will be unveiling at the captains dinner.  As for me?  I found a couple of really nice formal purple dresses at my local Salvation Army to match my new hair color.  Should be a blast!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Big Chop

Me, Myself, and I

From San Antonio to San Antonio and back again