My Feet My Ministry

"My feet ✝️  My Mission" is the title of our evangelist Pastor Fred's new focus.  His declaration is that wherever our feet are is where our mission work should be taking place. Keeping that thought in mind reminds me that literally everywhere I go I will cross paths with people who need to see Christ in action.  We seek distant missions work for reasons that have often baffled me. I was guilty of that same thought process for years. I couldn't fathom being a missionary in my own backyard. But when you see the hungry around you every day and you ignore them to go and feed the hungry in another country then that's something to make you stop and think. When you see the lives torn apart by illicit drugs and think you can only make a difference in the lives of those devastated by natural disasters in some far off land that makes you stop and think. Serve here. Serve in your neighborhood. Serve in the next neighborhood. Serve in distant places. Just serve like Christ did. He went as far as his feet could carry Him.  And aren't we glad He did?!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Big Chop

Me, Myself, and I

From San Antonio to San Antonio and back again